Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: right or left?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    right or left?

    just wondering if any of my fellow "lefties" feel a bit descriminated against. Not by people treating us different but by thngs in a world that is right handed. I'm talking about stuff like left-handed guitars cost more than right-handed ones and even simple things like my vest at work. The cut in the vest for placement for your name badge is on the left side. it is made for right handed people because if you are right handed you carry stuff on your right side away from your name badge. if you are left handed as i am then when you put something heavy on your shoulder and carry it your badge is in the way and gets broken or gets pulled off.

    I know it is kind of silly but little things pop in my head sometimes and i think "that was made for the right handed probably by the right handed
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: right or left?

    I have the best (curse?) of both worlds.
    I write right-handed, which is all fine and dandy, but when it came to playing games (in PE class) I was left out a lot.
    No one available to teach me how to swing a golf club, no one wanted to pitch to a left-handed batter, and forget tennis altogether!

    I think it's genetic - my dad is the same way.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member 7_32's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2002
    Posts
    242
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: right or left?

    I bat left-handed, but do everything else right....
    A buddy of mine throws and bats right-handed, but does everything else left...

  4. #4
    Inactive Member N2SPORTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 15th, 2002
    Posts
    182
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: right or left?

    A few things that I have noticed:

    A coffee mug with a handle and something writen on it is for right handers.If you use your left hand the writing is away from you.
    Same thing goes for a pen or pencil.The writing on it is upside down for a lefty.

    A rifle or shotgun ejects the cartrige away from a righty but at a lefty.I think that most handguns are designed for a righty too.

    The desks in school were made for righties also.Same with notebooks.Spiral bound on the left side.

    I'm all messed up.I write left,throw right,bat right,play pool lefty,shoot a gun lefty,kick with my left foot,my right side is stronger,I can use a hammer in either hand and eat with my left.Sometimes I don't know which hand to use.

    I'll always want a little more than I already have.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member 7_32's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2002
    Posts
    242
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: right or left?

    hahaha dang man, couldn't make up your mind, could ya? lol

  6. #6
    Inactive Member N2SPORTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 15th, 2002
    Posts
    182
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: right or left?

    I told you that I was messed up.

    Oh yea,my left eye is dominate too.
    That's probably why I always had a hard time shooting a compound bow when I was younger.Of course it was made for a righty and I could pull it back better with my right hand anyway.But with my left eye being dominate I could never hit what I was aiming at.


    I'll always want a little more than I already have.

  7. #7
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: right or left?

    My boyfriend's dad was forced to be a lefty. He only has half of his right arm. But that man is amazing. He can do more with one arm, than most of us can with 2!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Big_AL's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2002
    Posts
    767
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: right or left?

    most people can. It is like with some who can see they can out smell a dog it seems. and those who can hear can out see everyone else.
    "Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself"...Ole Tob

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Shoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2002
    Posts
    1,620
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: right or left?

    I seen more lefties tonight at one ball game then I ever have. Unchained sons team has about 6 or 7 lefties.
    "Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: right or left?

    If they could just hit the ball...was proud of my boy's 2 RBI and his work on the mound.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •